DEPOSITS, CANCELLATION OF APPOINTMENTS & FAILURE TO ATTEND (FTA) POLICY
At St. Peter's Studio Dental Clinic, we will require a deposit when you book an appointment. This will be deducted from your bill for the relevant treatment at your next visit. We will always be as flexible as possible with our patients – that’s why the deposit will be refunded if you subsequently cancel the appointment with more than 48 hours’ notice.
However, we reserve the right to retain your deposit in case of late cancellations (any cancellation with less than 48 hours’ notice). This may sound strict, but quite simply if you cancel with less than 48 hours’ notice it is very difficult for us to rebook your appointment slot or slots which means that we are unlikely to treat another patient in your place.
As a business, we are always trying to reduce the number of failed appointments and late cancellations as they are a costly waste of our dentists’ time and our resources.
- We always send either an email or text message to confirm the booked appointment, or we will give our patients an appointment card where requested. Our computerised system is setup to send reminders two weeks before the appointment time, one week before and finally a text message two days before. If you have not already done so, please notify our reception of your up to date email address and or mobile telephone number.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, messages can be left with our answering service if you are not able to get through or the practice is closed. Or emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patients who fail to attend for an appointment or cancel at short notice as above will be charged the deposit taken at the time of booking; this is for the unused surgery time.
- We do not charge for the first missed appointment as we realise events can occur beyond your control, however, any subsequent missed appointments will incur a charge as detailed above.
- We do charge for all missed treatment appointments.
- It is always worth contacting the practice if you are running late or remember about your appointment at the last minute as the dentist may have a patient in the chair requiring further
treatment and if we are able to utilise your appointment space you will not incur a charge.
Deposit and Cancellation Fee Structure:
- For check-ups, 30 min and 40 min hygiene appointments, and other appointments of 30 mins or less we will take a deposit of £25.
- For other dental treatments, such as small/medium fillings etc., lasting up to 1 hour we will take a deposit of £50 (or the full cost of the treatment, whichever is lower).
- For treatments over 1hr we will take a deposit of £100.
- For any treatments lasting longer than 2 hours, we may take a deposit amounting to half the cost of the total treatment.
- For specialist appointments (such as implants or specialist endodontics) the deposit required may vary from specialist to specialist, dependent on the stage of the treatment and type of appointment. Full details will be given throughout the treatment plans.